Monday, July 19, 2010

Thank You, Chicago


All I can say is that The Husband and I live a pretty spectacular life.  Last Thursday we flew to Chicago with 2 of our buddies to see that old friend I've written about before, Widespread Panic.  The 3 nights of shows at the Chicago Theater were amazing.  First of all, the Chicago Theater, itself, is amazing.  The architecture and artwork is something to marvel over.  I felt as if I was walking into Les Miserable or Phantom of the Opera.  I wanted to slap anyone that spilled their drink or attempted to smoke in the place.  Each night we had perfect seats where we could really boogie in our socks- or in my case, boogie in my boot.  We danced, sang, smiled, and got goose bumps with the music all weekend.


On Saturday we took the train to Wrigley Field to watch the Cubs vs. the Phillies.  JB, from Widespread Panic, threw out the first pitch.  Unfortunately the game ended with a win for the Phillies, but I am now a Cubs fan as I respect their attitude about losing.  "Win or Lose, We Booze" I think is how it goes.  All they worry about is having a good time and everyone was very welcoming to us southerners.
 Harry Carry
 John Bell after throwing the first pitch of the game.

I'm telling you, the place has stopped in time.

We left early to beat the crowd.  I have to get a head start with the boot and all.

 After the show Saturday night, we went to a blues bar that stayed open until about breakfast time called Kingston Mines.  It was probably one of the coolest holes I've ever been to with 2 stages and plenty of toe-tapping tunes. 
 

It was another lovely time where The Husband and I looked at each other wondering how we'll ever top it.  We have nothing but good things to say about the city.  Hope to see you again, Chicago.  Thanks for your fabulous hospitality and your good time.
 I know what you're thinking...a person with one broken foot already shouldn't stand in the middle of the street, but what a great shot.  Panic's tour buses to the left and our hotel to the right.

2 comments:

  1. WHOOOOOOOODEEEEWHOOOOOOOOOOOOO LOOK OUT CHARLOTTE, MAMA'S ON HER WAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete