Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Cat Lady

I am a cat lady.  I imagine myself as an old woman in my recliner watching late night talk shows with my cat snuggled in my lap.  I'll probably be wearing a sweater with a cat on it chasing a ball of yarn (thank you Miss Frey).  And I will probably have framed pictures of my cats all over the house.  I've loved cats for as long as I can remember, starting with Blackjack and leading to Snuggles, Boo, Sassy, Spookers, Perry, Pickles, Lemur and now, Cricket. 

I will defend that my cats are not your normal cats.  They ride on bumpers of cars for 3 miles and survive.  They kamikaze off of 2nd floor porches and survive.  They nap while birds make a nest in their fur.  They live to be 23 (human years).  They are extremely talkative.  They fetch.  They play hide-and-go-seek.  They love dogs.  Typical??  I think not.

Yeah, not too much that is normal about this fine specimen.

1 comment:

  1. Cricket...that is just awful. I believe in your vision, I see it the same way for you, my sweet baby cat lover daughter.

    ReplyDelete