Sunday, August 10, 2014

Your Nursery

A girlfriend of mine is getting her nursery ready for her little love muffin due in October.  She's had several questions in preparing his room, and it made me realize yesterday that I never shared your nursery.  It is my favorite part of our house.  It is the most peaceful room and I love every part of it.  At night when I sneak in your room for your Dreamfeed, I look around your room and try to remember every single memory I have of putting it together.  I think back to when the room was Aunt Molly's, to it being our guest room and me having maternity clothes from your Aunt Laura strung all over the place, to the 2 "snow" days in February when your Daddy and I painted the sweet grey on the walls.  Yes, I have a lot of memories of that room becoming yours.
 After painting, your crib was the first thing that went up. I LOVE your crib.  It took some searching, but it is exactly what I wanted for you.
 The opening weekend of turkey season (March 15th- this is a date you will have to know as a member of this family.  It is like Christmas Day to your Daddy, Papa, uncles, and Luke) I spent some of my time making your sweet mobile.
Your bookcase and changing table belonged to Lukey and Lula.  Your sweet cousin Lula was kind enough to part with it for you.  Your book shelf holds all of your little treasures.
  
Cricket helped me sort through your many books, even though your Daddy was adamant that she NOT be allowed in your room.  
 Your bedding was from your sweet aunts.  I ended up also ordering the crib skirt to match.
  The week of my spring break in April, your Nettie came in town and helped your Daddy and me get your nursery all put together.  I was so afraid of hanging these pictures, but your Daddy and your Nettie did an amazing job of making sure they were perfect!  We also hung your curtains...this was quite the ordeal, but your Daddy was a good sport and your Nettie was a problem solver.
 
 And then we waited for your glider that we had ordered in March. When it arrived, we hung your mobile over it and your room was complete.  Well, almost complete...we needed YOU.
 
 
 The day your room finally became complete is a day I will never forget for as long as I live.  Pardon my greasy ponytail.  I had just had a beautiful baby.
Crib: Bratt Decor
Rug: Target
Curtains: World Market
Bedding: Carousel Designs
Mirror: Target
Glider: Stuckey Furniture (local)
Lamp with Pink Shade: Target
Lamb, Bunnies, and Tiger Prints: Animal Print Shop
Paint Color: Knitting Needles by Sherwin Williams

Bad kitty.

No comments:

Post a Comment