Friday, August 8, 2014

Summer Days

Today is our last "real" day of summer together.  You are snuggled in for your morning nap as I stare at you through the monitor.  Again, #babyfreak.  It is no secret that I am less than thrilled about my return as Mrs. E, 5th grade teacher in room 239.  Everyone tells me it will get better.  I know, I know.  But no matter how many wise moms tell that to me, it doesn't make it any easier right now.  This summer we finally found a routine, and I'm going to miss every bit of our days together- even if I didn't get to shower as often as I probably should have.  I feel like I need to document how our days have flowed.

7:00 a.m. Our day begins...Wake up and eat.
You holler until I pop over the side of your crib and then you go to kicking and grunting.  After you eat you spend about 20 minutes on your activity mat talking to your friends.  I lay on your fluffy rug with you and drink my coffee.

8:30 a.m. Nap in swing, generally.

10:00 a.m. Wake up and eat.
After you finish eating, we may run some errands.  You are a fabulous shopper and I thank you for it.  It's so nice to have someone that loves Target like I do.

11:30 a.m. Nap on Mama, in swing, in crib, or in car seat if we are out.

1:00 p.m. Wake up and eat.

2:30 p.m. Your big nap of the day.  You generally sleep in crib, but I've been bad this week knowing it was my last week with you.  You've slept on Mama a lot this week.  I'm sorry I'm not sorry.

4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Wake up and eat.  Often times, I have to be the one to wake you up here.  I worry you won't want to sleep so well at night.

6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. If we are lucky, you snag a cat nap in here somewhere.  Again, if we are lucky.

7:00 or 7:30 p.m. Eat.

7:30 or 8:00 p.m. Bath and getting ready for bed.
You're favorite time of day.  Knock on wood, you have never once cried in the bath tub.  In fact, it is what calms you down at this hour of the night. We sing and you kick your legs.  Afterward, you love getting all slathered up in some Johnson and Johnson Bedtime Lotion.

8:30 or 9:00 Bedtime.
Bedtime has been a real struggle in our house over the last month.  Your daddy and I were trying to make you more independent and to get you to go to sleep on your own.  We tried the Pick Up Put Down method by The Baby Whisperer.  Yeah, it's a load of crock.  This lasted 1 week.  I now rock you to sleep and very carefully lay you down in your crib once your arms are like spaghetti.  I will probably pay for this later in life when you can't fall asleep on your own, but I don't care.  One day you won't want me to hold you, and so I'm not going to waste these moments.

Now I see you stirring in the  monitor.  You are right on schedule...

1 comment: