Sunday, November 23, 2014

Thankfulness

As I sit here waiting for the sun to wake up with this sleeping baby (who has been up) in my arms, I'm reminded I have a lot to be thankful for. Really and truly I could sit here and type a list of my thanks for days. I'm thankful. I just don't always remember it. I sometimes lose sight of all things precious in my life and dwell on insignificant troubles.

I'm thankful for my little family and our big family. I'm thankful that we still come together, enjoy one another, and love on each other. I'm thankful for my husband who really tries to be a better husband and father every day - and who in turn makes me better, too. I'm thankful for the home we share and the amazing place in which we live. I'm thankful for our beautiful daughter and to be able to raise her with her daddy.  I'm thankful for her smiles (they are truly precious). I'm thankful for the memories we have and the ones we have yet to create. I'm thankful for the warm snuggles from our pets.  I'm thankful for our health.  I'm thankful for our freedom.  I'm thankful for the lessons of the rough storms and for those friends who have guided me through them. 

I'm thankful for my life and that God chose me to live it. Sometimes I need the reminder to be thankful and to soak it up- every last drop and every little snuggle. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

1 comment:

  1. And I am thankful for you and all that you've brought into my life...I love you. Happy Thanksgiving, my precious daughter.

    ReplyDelete