Saturday, November 1, 2014

Halloween

As a kid, Halloween was for dressing up and candy. I loved it. That feeling of coming home after a long chilly night of running from house to house, and dumping out my pumpkin head full of candy in the middle of my bedroom floor. I'd spend time separating them into groups- fruity candy, chocolate, Milk Duds (yes, they get their own category), and then candy I'd give to Dad (i.e. those dreaded Whoppers...barf). I'd marvel in my earnings, and more than likely, do a candy angel or two in the pile of diabetes. Yes, I loved Halloween. 

In college, Halloween was for dressing up and drinking. I was really successful at Halloween in college. I spent Halloweens dressed up as a crayon, a penguin, a hunter/skeet shooter- just to name a few. The night was full of remaining in character and making each of those characters a true fan of whiskey. I was probably guilty of a few candy angels then too, but they were probably done in a front yard without any candy. Yep, I loved Halloween then too. 

But this year Halloween was more than just dressing up for me. In fact, I didn't dress up at all. This year it was about making your costume, going to the pumpkin patch, you wearing your adorable pumpkin hat and your pumpkin pjs as much as possible, carving our pumpkin, and getting pics with our family.
Dressing you up as Sophia Petrillo was hilarious. There is no other word for it. Thank you for wearing that wig and not starting to try to eat it until it was late. 
It was one of the all time best Halloweens!  

1 comment:

  1. Unforgettable....only made better that you made her costume! Although, I have no idea how you top Sophia! Happy 1st Halloween Miss Effie!

    ReplyDelete