Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sunday Scaries

I have a friend that refers to his as the "Sunday Scaries."  It's the most perfect term to describe that painful feeling on Sunday afternoon when you realize that Mondays are oh so near.  I feel terrible about the creamy, cheesy, greasy, chocolaty, fried deliciousness I have consumed for 2 days.  And I have to have "The Talk" with myself which scares me just as much as Monday does.  "Okay, after today, starting Monday, I am going to eat better.  I'm gonna exercise.  I'm gonna to be nicer to my body.  I promise!  After today, I'm really gonna go to bed on time and get up early.  I'm not gonna watch so much TV or eat so much junk.  After today." 
I get so worked up about "The Talk" and about Monday, that I'll generally have to relax on Monday afternoon.  I can't cook because I'm still recovering from the Sunday Scaries.  That's about the time that I forget about "The Talk" and order some creamy, cheesy, greasy, chocolaty, fried deliciousness to make me feel better.

1 comment: