Saturday, February 21, 2015

Nap Time

I know. I know. I need to put you down in your crib in your room all alone and let you nap. I know. That's what they tell me. I'll hate myself later if I don't. I'll ruin you of being an independent sleeper who can self soothe herself to sleep. I know!
But I also know that one day you are going to be too big for me to hold in my lap and on my chest. And I know one day you are going to want to sleep all alone in your bed in your room. I know that one day you are going to grow up and you are going to leave me to live your life the way you should. And I know that those days are going to come faster than I could ever anticipate. 
So right now, I'm going to forget what they all say. Just for now I'm going to snuggle on down, soak you up, drink you in, and ruin you a little. 

1 comment:

  1. All of us humans need a little ruining every once in a while... Some of my sweetest memories are of holding my babies while they slept. You go on, now...rock that sweet, sweet child.

    ReplyDelete