Monday, November 15, 2010

An Early Start

I suppose I just need it.  I'm looking for Christmas music on the radio rather than being shocked that it is here so soon.  I can't wait to start putting a 12 for the date on my checkbook.  I'm counting down the days until I get to pull down the giant Rubbermaid boxes labeled "Reindeer" or "Ornaments-fragile".  Now, don't worry, I'm not trying to skip right over Thanksgiving and not give it enough attention-no.  I do love some Thanksgiving- turkey, sweet potato pie, ambrosia, all of it.  But I just want to soak up Christmas- actual Christmas- a bit longer this year.  I need it all just a little bit longer than before.  So I guess until everyone else is with me and my early decking of the halls, I'll spend my time with Cindy Lou and Linus. 

 Just 6 more weeks left...

2 comments:

  1. I am already fa-la-la-owing it in the car and watching ABC Family daily Christmas shows! In spite of everything crazily swirling all around in my life right now, I find comfort and peace in all things Christmas! I treasure the Christmas spirit in you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not you little elf, on my way to work this morning I turned on the radio and was reunited with "Holly". Oh the lonely 11 months without it! AND "Welcome Christmas" from Grinch was playing. A sign. My prayers answered.

    ReplyDelete